Friday 6 November 2015

My Current Makeup Routine - November 2015


G'day my lovelies

Today I thought I would share with you my current makeup routine. With it getting hotter and hotter here in Australia (it's still only spring!) I have definitely changed up my routine and stripped back on the amount of makeup I am applying.





Suncream
The first step in my makeup routine is suncream. This is a must have, or should be, in everyone's daily routine in Australia, especially if you are going to be exposed to the sun during the day. The weather can be just as unpredictable here as it is back in Ireland so even if it doesn't seem like it's going to be a  particularly sunny day I still put on some suncream on my face and chest before leaving the house if I am going to be outside for a while because you never know how the weather is going to change. 

The suncream that I am currently wearing and recommend is the Nivea Sun 'light feel daily face veil' suncream in factor 30. It is a very lightweight formula and dries quickly into the skin and most importantly doesn't leave behind that greasy oily consistency that a lot of suncreams can, which I absolutely despise!!

Foundation
One of the major changes in my every day routine, especially on days that I am working, is that I am using a lot less foundation. The main reason being that my skin is actually in good condition at the moment so I don't need a lot of coverage. I have been using MAC Mineralise liquid in NW15, yes I am that pale, just to even out my skin tone. Again it is a very lightweight foundation which I love to use during the warmer months as I feel it still allows my skin to breath.

Concealer
My go to concealer for the past year has been the Maybelline 'Eye Eraser'. I love that it brightens up my undereye area yet still has enough coverage to be able to use in other areas to conceal any redness, so I have generally been using it on any blemishes I have also.

Brows
I have been using my Catrice Brow kit for years now and I can't see myself using anything in the near future. It comes with two shades, I use the darker shades to fill in my brows using an angled brush. 

Eyes






This is where my makeup look changes the most on a daily basis! However one of my favourite colour combinations at the moment is using MACs Mythology all over the lid, IT's cosmetics 'Sunset' in the crease and 'Transforming Pearl' in the inner corner of my eyes. I think that the orange tones in this combination make my eyes pop :).

 I have been using Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in black and I absolutely love it. It's perfect for a small line across the upper lid to just give  some definition to the lash line but also super easy to use to do a winged cat eye. To finish off my eyes I have recently been using Covergirl's clump crusher mascara and really liking it so far. I haven't bought Covergirl mascara since I travelled to Florida when I was 16! 

Powder 
Image result for studio fix powder debenhams
To set my look I use MACs studio fix powder in NW20. This powder is a one that I have repurchased so many times now I have lost count. I personally prefer a matte finish look so this is the perfect powder for me as it mattifies the skin but doesn't feel heavy or flakey as some powders can. 

So that is how I try to make myself look presentable on a daily basis...

Do you use any of the same products as me or have an recommendations as to what I should try out next? As I said at the start it is only going to be hotter here as its getting closer to summer so I will be sticking to lightweight products. 

What products do you use in your everyday routine?

Until next time 

XoXo



Make sure to check out my new Facebook Page :) would love some more followers ! 

Follow me on my social media networks  



No comments:

Post a Comment